Please help me understand. I stay in Mumbai and bought residential plot in Gujarat. The builder is now not honouring his commitment. He wants to give me less area plot as well as change the location of the plot. Please help me understand where I can file the case-consumer court or any other court. Should this case to be filed in Mumbai or Gujarat?

2 Answers Given By Lawyers

Nischal Arvind Singh Answer

You can file consumer case as well as cheating case in court, and if company regional office /sales office/office is in mumbai you can file case within mumbai.


You have to file a case where the opposite party reside or has an office. Therefore you have to file a case in the consumer court in Gujrat , District Consumer Commission or State Commission as per pecuniary jurisdiction.