There are a lot of groups having lot of information regarding the NRI taxation laws. But my case is very specific that I was on foreign employment and my earning was being credited to my foreign account there which I used to remit in my NRE account in India. Afterwards, due to certain unavoidable circumstances I had to permanently return to India in 4 months period. I have already paid all the taxes on all the earnings in India before and after my foreign employment. I point out the earning in abroad for that 4 months period; whether that amount is taxable.

1 Answers Given By Lawyers

Nischal Arvind Singh Answer

You pay tax where you have earned this money, it's a simple rule your income is not taxable in India.If amount is big, advisable you do in portion to avoid any laws fall under FEMA, there is limit for foreign remittances you just need to see you are not breaching them.