Copyright is a right given by the law to creators of literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works and producers of cinematograph films and sound recordings.Copyright ensures certain minimum safeguards of the rights of authors over their creations, thereby protecting and rewarding creativity.
To understand more about Copyright click here
The procedure for registration is as follows:
a) Application for registration is to be made on Form IV ( Including Statement of Particulars and Statement of Further Particulars) as prescribed in the first schedule to the Rules
b) Separate applications should be made for registration of each work
c) Each application should be accompanied by the requisite fee prescribed in the second schedule to the Rules
d) The applications should be signed by the applicant or the advocate in whose favor a Vakalatnama or Power of Attorney has been executed. The Power of Attorney signed by the party and accepted by the advocate should also be enclosed.
e) The fee is either in the form of Demand Draft,Indian Postal Order favoring "Registrar Of Copyright Payable At New Delhi" HiGrit can apply for copyright registration in 5 to 7 days.
1. Name, address and nationality of the applicant
2. Name, address and nationality of the author of the work
3. Nature of applicant’s interest in the copyright i.e. OWNER / LICENSEE etc
4. Title of the work
5. A declaration signed by the author (if different from the applicant)
6. Language of the work
7. Whether the work is published or unpublished
8. If the work is published, year and country of first publication and name, address and nationality of the publisher
9. Year and countries of subsequent publications, if any
10. Name, address and nationality of any other person authorized to assign or license the rights in the copyright
11. Power of attorney for the firm
12. Six hard copies of the work and three soft copies
13. (For computer programs – 3 copies of the program on CD ROMs.)
Copyright registration for logos, books, periodicals and magazines.
Copyright registration for website, mobile app and software products.
Copyright registration for videos, audio recording and cinematography films.