On February 23, 1947 the International Organization for Standards (ISO) was instituted headquartered at Geneva, Switzerland. The International Organization for Standards advocates worldwide commercial, industrial and proprietary standards. ISO has three official languages: English, French and Russian. ISO is an independent, standard- setting, non-government body that comprises of representatives of national standard organizations of 164 member countries. It is the worlds’ largest developer of voluntary global standards and facilitates world trade by providing common standards among nations. The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) is the national standard organization which represents India.
There are around eighty thousand ISO standards listing out of which just about twenty thousand standards have been laid for covering everything related to manufactured products and technology to food safety, agriculture and healthcare.
Following is a brief of the common ISO certification awarded to companies:
ISO 9000 – Quality Management System
The ISO 9000 range deals with several aspects of quality management. It consists of some of ISO’s recognized standards. This standard provides gear and guidance for companies who desire to ensure, their products and services constantly meet customer’s requirements, and that their quality is continually enhanced.
The Standards in the ISO 9000 series include:
• ISO 9000:2015 – covers the basic concepts and language
• ISO 9001:2015 – lays the requirements of a quality management system
• ISO 9004:2009 – focuses on how to make a quality management system more proficient, economical and effective
• ISO 19011:2011 – specifies guidance on internal and external audits of quality management systems.
The other ISO certifications that companies frequently seek are:
• ISO 14000 Environmental management
• ISO 3166 Country codes
• ISO 26000 Social responsibility
• ISO 50001 Energy management
• ISO 31000 Risk management
• ISO 22000 Food safety management
• ISO 27001 Information security management
• ISO 45001 Occupational health and safety
• ISO 37001 Anti bribery management systems
• ISO 13485 Medical devices
Here is a list of ISO Certification Bodies in India that provide aide to companies to achieve the desired ISO certification.
• Bureau Veritas Certification (India) Private Limited
• British Standards Institution (BSI Management Systems India Private Limited)
• BSCIC Certifications Private Limited (formerly BSC International Certifications Co.)
• Det Norske Veritas
• Foodcert India Pvt. Ltd.
• Germanischer Lloyd Certification
• Intertek India Private Limited
• International Certification Services Private Limited
• IQNet Certification
• Indian Register Quality Systems (IRQS)
• Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance Limited (India Branch)
• Moody International Certifications Limited
• NQAQSR Certification Private Limited
• QA international Certification Limited
• SGS India Private Limited
• Standard Certification Council
• TUV SUD South Asia Private Limited
• TUV Rheinland (India) Private Limited
• TUV Nord India Private Limited
• TUV Austria
• Vexil Business Process Services Private Limited
• Vincotte International India Assessment Services Private Limited
• URS Certification Limited
• Zenith Certification
Author name – SHEELA JOBY
Senior editor Higrit.com, you could reach her at email@example.com
To further understand ISO registration, visit www.higrit.com